By making a booking with Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy (including Little Puffin Signing), you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Little Puffin Signing parent/child classes
- Parents remain responsible for their own children at all times during sessions. Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy cannot be held liable for any accidents caused by parents failing to adequately supervise their children.
- You must not bring alcohol to or consume alcohol at any session.
- If you or your child have any severe allergies or medical conditions, you must notify Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy at the time of booking to ensure your safety.
- Full payment of a block of classes is required to reserve your space. No spaces will be reserved without payment. Payment takes place via Bookwhen.com.
- No refunds are available. If you are unable to attend a class, you may attend the corresponding session in the next block of classes if a space is available.
- Parents may request to be transferred to other classes at the discretion of the course leader, provided there is a space available in the class that you wish to transfer to.
- Only children with a reserved and paid for space are permitted to attend.
- Please do not attend sessions if you or anyone you have been in contact with is presenting with cold/flu symptoms. Please contact us in advance to reschedule the session. If you attend a session with cold/flu symptoms you will be asked to leave and will not be able to schedule your session.
Little Puffin Signing Pre-school sessions
- Pre-school staff remain responsible for children at all times during sessions. Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy cannot be held liable for any accidents caused by pre-school staff failing to adequately supervise the children in their care.
- The pre-school are responsible for gaining consent from parents for their child to attend sessions in the pre-school setting. Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy will not be held liable if a child attends a session without parental consent.
- If staff or children have any severe allergies or medical conditions, you must notify Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy at the time of booking to ensure your safety.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. No sessions will be reserved without payment. An invoice will be given and payment is required via bank transfer.
- Payment is to be made by the pre-school establishment. Pre-schools are permitted to re-coup costs from parents at their discretion however this does not impact on the contract with Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy.
- No refunds are available. If the pre-school wishes to cancel a session, it may be rescheduled at the discretion of the course leader if 48 hours notice or more has been given. No sessions will be rescheduled if less than 48 hours notice has been given
Speech and language therapy sessions
- Health and safety 1.1 Parents/education staff remain responsible for the child at all times during sessions. Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy cannot be held liable for any accidents caused by a child being unsupervised. 1.2 If the child or any other persons attending sessions have any severe allergies or medical conditions, you must notify Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy at the time of booking to ensure your safety.
- Fees 2.1 An itemised invoice will be sent in the first week of the month for services in the month preceding. Payment is due within 14 days of invoice, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed prior to this. 2.2 An hourly fee of £85 is charged for all time spent working on the case, including assessing the client, individual therapy sessions, note and report writing, reading and responding to correspondence, meetings with parents/education staff, preparation and planning, etc. 2.3 An estimate of cost may be requested prior to therapy; however, this is subject to change based on actual time spent on therapy services. 2.4 Payment is not contingent on therapy outcome. Failure to pay invoices can lead to sessions being withheld until payment is received.
- Cancelation 3.1 48 hours’ notice is required in the case of a cancellation. If notice is not given within this period, the session will be charged for in full. 3.2 Appointments cancelled by the therapist (i.e. due to sickness) will not be charged and will be rearranged for a mutually convenient time. 3.3 Appointments where the client is not available on arrival, will be charged at the full hourly rate.
- Documents and Confidentiality 4.1 All personal information, including written and video records, are stored securely and according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). www.stephblack.co.uk/privacy-policy/ 4.2 Necessary information may be disclosed to other professionals working with the client in order to ensure multidisciplinary working and safeguarding of the client.
- Termination of therapy 5.1 The therapist reserves the right to terminate therapy at any time. 5.2 The client is free to withdraw from therapy at any time. The client is not obliged to provide a reason for withdrawal.