This site is owned by Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy. We take your privacy very seriously and know that it is important for you to be fully aware of the data and information we gather, and how it will be used.
What personal data we collect
- We collect data by asking you to provide information when you use our contact page form, book or pay. This information is only ever used for these specific purposes and will never be sold on.
- We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way (bookwhen.com, PayPal, 1:1 therapy sessions). In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; e-mail address; computer and connection information and class purchase history. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
Why we collect this data
- To provide and operate the services;
- To provide our users with ongoing customer assistance;
- To be able to contact our users with general or personalised service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred non-personal information, which we may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How long we retain your data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
In some circumstances, we might legally be required to retain your personal information for audit purposes. The table below outlines our retention periods for different kinds of personal information.
|Information about our users (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data)
|Six years plus current year for tax purposes
|6 years after our last planned contact
Payments are taken via PayPal. See their terms and conditions here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy ensures your information is always handled securely and will never be shared with other companies or third parties.
Your name and telephone number may be shared with Public Health Guernsey to contact you quickly should the need arise. This will be in the circumstances of tracing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Data is stored securely on password protected online systems e.g. Bookwhen, PayPal. Some data is stored on a password protected laptop and/or USB device e.g. case notes.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Bookwhen.com and PayPal have their own data breach procedures (see in links above). Steph Black Speech and Language Therapy will notify you of any data breaches as soon as we are aware and aims to limit the impact of this whenever possible.